Thursday, October 13, 2011

RIP: Frances Ann Hebert

Just as hard as it is to find the man of your dreams, it is pretty much equally hard to find someone that is your best friend. I'm blessed in having many wonderful friends to call upon, but there is the one that got away. I will never find someone that could light up my life like Franny. Not only was she the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, but she could walk in the room and literally light it up. She was a people pleaser and was always waiting to brighten someone's day, and believe me, she brightened up every single person she came in contact with. She came from a really great family, and she was known everywhere she went. She never met a stranger.

Like everyone we all have our struggles. I think Fran and I probably were a couple of those people that never really could figure out what we wanted to do or what we wanted to be, even though we had big dreams. We both wanted to be musicians. Fran was a flutist, and a great one at that. She could play the flute like an angel. We struggled with finding the perfect mates, and I believe that since we were both so passionate and people pleasing, we both needed things to help relax us in our lives. We both wanted to be perfect, and we both knew that we weren't.

Fran would tell me all the time that she knew that she would never live a long life. She said that she knew as a young child that she would die young. It always made me wonder how and why she could say this, but it never got her down. She simply knew her days were numbered. Was this a self fulfilling prophecy, I always ask myself? Maybe so. Every year that we spent for her birthday, my card would say, "You made it one more year! Here's to the next best year ever!" But unfortunately, my words did not come true the last year of her life. We celebrated her 24th birthday, and a month later, Fran was dead. She was found in one of her friends houses after partying entirely too hard and taking a mixture of uppers and downers. Fran died in her sleep with cocaine, oxycontin and hydrocodone in her system. I was mad at her for so long; I felt like she was so selfish that she did this to me. And, I knew I'd never get over it. I still haven't.

So Fran, I know you've now been in Heaven with the angels and God playing beautiful music. I'm sure that you are still as beautiful as I remember you. Your memory will always continue to light up my life, and I thank God everyday that you were a part of it. You have no idea what you meant to me. You will never be replaced. And, I look forward to one day being able to see and hug you once again. This time I will never let you go. Happy Birthday, my angel and love! I can't believe it has been 9 years since we have celebrated this day together.

Your's Forever,
Aimee


Daily Comet
Submitted by: Chris Tidwell

Frances Hebert

Frances "Fran" Anne Hebert, 24, a native and resident of Thibodaux, died Nov.
18, 2002.

Visitation will be from 6 to 10 p.m. Thursday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday at
Thibodaux Funeral Home in Thibodaux.

A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral
home, with burial at St Joseph Cemetery in Thibodaux.

She is survived by her parents, George and Sue Hebert; grandparents, Elizabeth
O. Hebert, Emile J. and Princess D. Borne; brother, Freddie Hebert; niece, Macy
Hebert; nephews, Alexander and Andre' Hebert; and sister-in-law, Lana A. Hebert.

She was preceded in death by her grandfather, Freddie Hebert.

No comments:

Post a Comment