Friday, August 5, 2011

'Entourage's Turtle Shares Weight Loss Tips That Work for Women, Too

Jerry Ferrara, better known at Turtle, on the hit series Entourage. The 31-year-old actor dropped 55 pounds, and he looks really good.


Jerry lost pounds simply by incorporating diet and exercise into his daily routine. He told Life & Style that the weight loss was slow, "about 2 or 3 pounds a month." If you ask me, that's the kind of weight loss that sticks. No crazy fad diets. Just eating right and working toward a goal. Sounds easy enough, right?

And it is. Like Jerry, I managed to lose 60 pounds by "monitoring my portion sizes and upping my workout routine. I learned very quickly that if I was going to diet, and maintain lasting results, it was going to have to become a lifestyle for me. When a diet becomes a lifestyle, the question isn't "Am I allowed to eat that?" but rather "How can I make this fit my standards?"

For example: Can someone on a diet eat a cheeseburger and still lose weight? Of course they can! In fact, nothing is off-limits. Dieters just need to be smart about it. With a burger, for example, you might consider the size of the patty, and then try swapping out a kaiser roll for two slices of high fiber wheat bread. It's all about how we can translate what we crave on a day-to-day basis into feasible meals and munchies.

It's all about balance. If you want to lose weight, then it's critical to find a balance in the way you eat and work out to achieve long lasting results. Kudos to you, Turtle! You look like a total stud.

Read more: http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/123932/entourages_turtle_shares_weight_loss

No comments:

Post a Comment